What are some facts about Canada?
Interesting Facts About Canadian Geography It has the longest highway in the world – Trans Canada Highway which is nearly 7,604 km. Canada has the longest coastline – 243,977 km. Canada has 20% of the world’s freshwaters. Canada has a large number of lakes.
What are 3 weird but true facts about Canada?
13 Surprising Facts About Canada
- Santa Claus is Canadian. Canada’s Immigration Minister declared in 2012 that Santa Claus was indeed a Canadian citizen.
- Polar bear capital.
- Quebec City is a first in more ways than one.
- It has national parks bigger than countries.
- Largely uninhabited.
- World’s longest non-military border.
What is Canada best known for?
What is Canada famous for?
- Scenery. Let’s face it, Canada is beautiful; and famously so.
- Ice Hockey. Canada’s national winter sport and most Canadians feel the same way about hockey as the British do about football; it’s almost a matter of life or death.
- Maple Syrup.
- Extreme politeness.
What is the weirdest fact about Canada?
Here are 30 weird facts about Canada that prove it’s the most interesting country ever: 1. Canada only got its own flag 100 years after it became a country — on February 15, 1965. The famous Canadian interjection “eh” is actually listed in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary as a valid word.
What are 5 fun facts about Canada?
20 Fun Facts About Canada
- Canada is home to 26 Sons of Norway lodges.
- Canada has 20% of the world’s fresh water.
- Canada has the longest highway in the world: The Trans-Canada Highway covers an astonishing 4,860 miles.
- Canada and Norway have a longstanding partnership.
What is Canada’s phobia?
Filters. Fear or hatred of Canada, its citizens, and/or its culture.
What are the top 10 most common fears?
Phobias: The ten most common fears people hold
- Acrophobia: fear of heights.
- Pteromerhanophobia: fear of flying.
- Claustrophobia: fear of enclosed spaces.
- Entomophobia: fear of insects.
- Ophidiophobia: fear of snakes.
- Cynophobia: fear of dogs.
- Astraphobia: fear of storms.
- Trypanophobia: fear of needles.
What are the most interesting facts about Canada?
Following our series of interesting facts on South Africa, New Zealand and Australia, we now take a look at Canada and reveal 20 of the country’s most interesting facts. 1. Canada spans 9 984 670 sq km and comprises 6 time zones. 2. Canada is home to the longest street in the world.
What makes Canada different from the rest of the world?
Here are 10 geographical features that make it unique and all the more awe-inspiring: Canada has the longest coastline in the world At 243,000 km along the shores of 52,455 islands, Canada boasts of the longest coastline in the world. There are millions of lakes in Canada Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined.
What kind of people do they have in Canada?
Canadian people are hard workers who know how to have fun and relax. The country is extremely diverse due to its variance of settlers who established homes in Canada when it first became a country. Today, many of their citizens are immigrants, and they have a large percentage of people immigrate to the country each year.
How many people does Canada have in the world?
It encompasses almost 10 million kilometers of land, making it the second largest country in the world. However, Canada only had a population of 33.4 million people, making it the 35th largest country in the world. Canada’s capital is Ottawa, and it is home to 883,391 people. Canada has two official languages, French and English.